In the past decade, the decorative concrete industry in Bexar County has grown substantially. Because of that, some companies now sell do-it-yourself products. However, if you want a floor, fireplace surround, driveway, patio, walkway, kitchen countertop, or some other horizontal or vertical surface transformed, your best bet is to hire a professional contractor.
There are some things to consider to make sure that you hire the right contractor.
- Experience – It is imperative that hire someone with several years of experience working with different decorative concrete applications.
- Expertise – Because decorative concrete is now more technical, expertise is also critical. You want to hire a contractor who understands not only the application process based on the job but also the products used.
- Quality Products – The caliber of work will depend a lot on the products that a contractor uses. Therefore, find someone who uses only the best products available, such as SunEpoxy 100, SunH20, SunStamp, SunOne, and so on.
- Support and Service – The right contractor will also provide you with exceptional customer support and service. This person will be able to answer your questions, guide you to the best product and design, and quickly resolve any issues that might arise.
- Referrals – Following up on referrals for contractors in Bexar County goes a long way in the decision-making process. Any contractor of interest should provide you with several references. It then becomes your responsibility to follow up, learning what other customers have to say about the contractor’s professionalism, on-time delivery, work ethic, and so on.
- Guaranteed Services – Before locking into a formal contract with a decorative concrete contractor, make sure that you get a guarantee on services rendered. That way, if the finished project does not meet your specifications or industry standards, you have something to fall back on when seeking resolution.